If you are visiting Singapore for the first time and want to travel by MRT (Mass Rapid Transit), you may get a difficult experience in the beginning, especially in understanding this public transportation method. For those who have already traveled there certainly not become a big problem.
For those of you who are a newbie to travel to Singapore, here's an example of how to get to Singapore Botanic Garden from NE1 / CC29 Harbourfront MRT Station (if you're entering Singapore via Batam) :
- Find the Harbourfront MRT Station located in the Vivo City Complex (prompted with MRT train headboard).
- Find the appropriate MRT line with the destination MRT station where we are going down. For an example we will get off at CC19 / DT9 Botanic Garden MRT Station, then make sure we go to the orange CC (Circle Line) line. This CC line is the route from Harbourfront to the final destination at Dhoby Ghaut or Marina Bay (there are 2 final destinations).
- After passing through the entrance gate of Harbourfront MRT Station (by tap the MRT or EZ-Link Card) then immediately go to the platform that suits our destination (usually called by Platform A or Platform B ).
- Make sure we are already in Platform B which is the Circle Line (CC) line that leads to Dhoby Ghaut via Bishan and at once to Marina Bay.
- As soon as the MRT arrives at your platform, enter immediately into the MRT as the train door opens and closes automatically after a few seconds.
- Seek seats while paying attention to automatically displayed paths on electronic boards inside the MRT and assisted by the voice from guides who will inform the name of the nearest MRT station one by one. (Note: remember that in the MRT, you should not to eat, drink, smoke, or carry flammable goods).
- When you arrive at CC19 Botanic Garden, get off the MRT immediately because the door will close automatically.
- Find exit gate of CC19 MRT Station and from there stay looking for Singapore Botanic Garden location.